A new place for social benefit to support those in need, hardship or distress.
- To build more than double the existing number of Almshouses delivering truly affordable and modern homes that address a growing social need within Southwark
- To create a charitable hub with accessible community facilities both within the development and locally
- To create high quality office space including affordable workspace
- To re-provide and expand the Prince William Henry pub in partnership with Young & Co
- To vastly improve and increase the public spaces (comprising 1/3 of site) which include new gardens on Chancel Street and an improved landscaped eastwest pedestrian link in the form of “Edwards’ Walk”
- To ensure the financial security of the charity so that it can continue to meet its objectives which include awarding much needed gifts to its beneficiaries as well as providing truly affordable homes
- To deliver a highly sustainable, socially responsible, mixed-use scheme
- Autumn 2020 Submit a planning application
- Spring 2021 Plans approved by Southwark Council
- Spring – Winter 2021 Design development and appointment of building contractor
- Spring 2022 Residents move to the newly completed United St Saviour’s Almshouses
- Summer 2022 Demolition followed by a start on site
- Spring 2025 Completion with first residents moving in and office occupiers starting work
The Clerk to the Trustees, the Board of Trustees and the Development Team would be delighted to answer your questions.