Southwark Charities final grants of 2022 saw investment in Warm Spaces, Hubs and festive activities for Southwark’s older residents.
- Art in the Park – delivered two festive arts initiatives, for the residents of Rose Court care home in Rotherhithe, SE8; and for its regular Burgess Park cohort of older artists.
- Astley Cooper Tenants & Residents Association – delivered a Christmas party for older Estate residents.
- Bermondsey Street Residents Association – delivered Christmas vouchers to the homes of 28 older residents living on the Whites Grounds and Tyers Estates, Tanner House and Snowsfields in Bermondsey, SE1.
- Blackfriars Settlement – a one-year grant is supporting the core costs of the Settlement’s Positive Ageing service to put on a diverse programme of activities for local older people in 2023 from the north of Southwark.
- Coin Street Centre Trust – our grant is supporting a weekly coffee morning for older people at the Colombo Street Centre in Bankside, SE1, in 2023. Activities include quizzes, I.T. help with gadgets, chair yoga, guest speakers and trips to local venues.
- Hawkstone Tenants & Residents Association – delivered Christmas goody bags to the homes of Estate residents in Rotherhithe, SE16.
- Flashy Wings Ministry – our grant is supporting a new regular lunch club where older women can socialise and discuss strategies to reduce anxiety with a life-coach.
- Pecan – our grant is funding the ‘Together’ Community Hub which will provide social activities for older residents – coffee mornings, crafts, discussion groups, walks & talks; chair-based exercise, support with application form filling for those that are digitally excluded or with learning disabilities, budgeting and energy efficiency workshops, and employment support in 2023.
- Southwark Pensioners Centre – our grant is supporting tea and talk sessions with 15 older people with a visual impairment to design 2 new groups – a social group and an I.T. group – and to relaunch an existing visual impairment group that previously operated at the Centre prior to pandemic.
- Southwark Warm Spaces Programme – our grants are supporting Age UK Lewisham & Southwark Yalding Centre, Copleston Centre, Art in the Park and Ballers Academy at Daffodil Café Nunhead and Southwark Royal British Legion Community Club with Warm Space initiatives for Southwark’s older residents in Winter 2022/23.
Click here for details of these and other current and recent grants.