We are pleased to announce eight new grants to improve the wellbeing of Southwark’s older residents.
- London Bubble – Tea Break Theatre workshops delivery at two sheltered housing schemes – Harry Lamborn House, Peckham and Ronald Buckingham Court, Rotherhithe as well as Bubble’s HQ.
- Southwark Playhouse – Elders Company. Weekly drama sessions for older Southwark residents aged 65 plus from its new premises at Elephant and Castle.
- Dockland Settlements – Weekly walking sports clubs for Southwark older people at the Settlement and at The Links Community Centre on the Bonamy & Bramcote Estate in South Bermondsey, delivered by Ballers Academy C.I.C.
- Kingswood Estate TRA – Weekly wellbeing clubs for older people at this Estate by Sydenham Hill, including the costs of massage and yoga sessions, chair-based exercise and knitting sessions; plus a seaside coach trip for older people and their carers.
- Art in the Park – Gardening and arts workshops at Rose Court care home in Rotherhithe, SE8, to benefit the residents who are mainly in the their 80’s, including some with dementia.
- South London Mission – a Summer seaside trip for older people that visit Bermondsey Central Hall.
- Goose Green Lunch Club – a trip to and meals at Woodcote Green Garden Centre for older members of this East Dulwich club.
- St John’s Centre Walworth – New, more comfortable furniture to improve the experience of older people attending the Silver Lining Club.
Matthew Allgood, Grants Manager, Southwark Charities said:
We are increasing the reach of our grants to communities of older people in Southwark. Community groups and charities that work with older Southwark residents (aged 55 plus) are encouraged to get in touch with us to discuss their ideas and proposals. Tel: 020 7593 2000 Email: email@example.com